耶鲁大学 Dr. Jiangbing Zhou实验室招收博士后
Postdoctoral positions at Yale: nanotechnology for drug delivery to the brain, brain cancer stem cells
The Zhou lab at Yale University is accepting applications for postdoctoral positions to develop nanotechnology approaches for drug delivery to the brain and to study the biology of brain cancer stem cells (http://medicine.yale.edu/lab/zhou/). The lab uses a combination of stem cell biology and emerging nanotechnology to develop novel therapies for brain cancer and stroke. Applicants should have completed a recent Ph.D. in drug delivery, biological sciences, or related areas. High priority will be given to those candidates with strong background in biomaterial synthesis and nanoparticle engineering, stem cell biology, as well as experience in confocal microscopy, in vivo imaging, and protein purification. Interested applicants please send a brief statement of interest and curriculum vitae with contact information for three references to Dr. Zhou at email@example.com.
Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery & Biomedical Engineering
Room / Office: Room 410
310 Cedar Street
New Haven, CT 06510
P.O. Box 208082
New Haven, CT 06520
Phone: (203) 785-5327
Fax: (203) 785-2274
Nanomedicine; Brain cancer stem cells; Neurodegenerative disorders; Drug delivery; Gene therapy; Stem cell therapy; Personalized therapy
1. Chen Y, Gou X, Kong DK, Wang X, Wang J, Chen Z, Huang C, Zhou J. EMMPRIN regulates tumor growth and metastasis by recruiting bone marrow-derived cells through paracrine signaling of SDF-1 and VEGF. Oncotarget. 2015, 6(32):32575-85
2. Strohbehn G, Coman D, Han L, Ragheb RRT, Fahmy TM, Huttner AJ, Hyder F, Piepmeier JM, Saltzman WM, Zhou J. Imaging the delivery of brain-penetrating PLGA nanoparticles in the brain using magnetic resonance. Journal of Neuro-Oncology, 2015, 121(3):441-9.
3. Ediriwickrema A, Zhou J, Deng Y, Saltzman WM. Multi-layered nanoparticles for combination gene and drug delivery to tumors. Biomaterials. 2014, 35(34):9343-54.
4. Zhou J, Patel T, Sirianni R, Strohbehn G, Zheng M, Doung N, Schafbauer T, Huttner AJ, Huang Y, Carson RE, Zhang Y, Sullivan DJ, Piepmeier JM, Saltzman WM. Highly-penetrative, drug-loaded nanocarriers improve treatment of glioblastoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2013, 110(29): 11751-6. (Featured in Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, and Faculty of 1000 Biology)
5. Zhou J, Patel T, Fu M, Piepmeier JM, Saltzman WM. Octa-functional PLGA nanoparticles for targeted and efficient siRNA delivery to tumors. Biomaterials. 2012, 33(2):583-91.
6. Patel T, Zhou J, Piepmeier JM, Saltzman WM. Polymeric Nanoparticles for Drug Delivery to the Central Nervous System. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews. 2012, 64(7):701-5.
7. Zhou J, Garth S, Himes B, Kofi-Buaku A, Saltzman WM. Novel Delivery Strategies for Glioblastoma. Cancer Journal. 2012,18(1):89-99.
8. Zhou J, Liu J, Jiang Z, Patel T, Weller C, Piepmeier JM, Saltzman WM. Biodegradable poly(amine-co-ester) terpolymers for targeted gene delivery. Nature Materials. 2011, 11(1):82-90. (Featured in Nature Materials, Nanomedicine)
9. Zhou J, Zhang H, Gu P, Bai J, Yin D, and Zhang Y. Cancer stem/progenitor cell active compound 8-quinolinol in combination with paclitaxel achieves an improved cure of breast cancer in the mouse model. Breast Cancer Research Treatment. 2009, 115:269-77.
10. Zhou J, Zhang Y. Preclinical development and screen of cancer stem cell targeted drugs. Expert Opinion in Drug Discovery. 2009, 4(7):741-52.
11. Zhou J, Zhang H, Gu P, Margolick JB, Zhang Y. Identification of NF- B pathway inhibitors preferentially inhibit breast cancer stem cells. Breast Cancer Research Treatment. 2008, 111(3):419-27.
12. Tao SC*, Li Y*, Zhou J*, Qian J, Schnaar RL, Goldstein IJ, Zhang Y, Zhu H, Schneck JP. Use of mammalian cell surface glycan signatures in pathogen tropism, cell differentiation, and biomarker identification. (*equal contribution) Glycobiology, 2008, 18(10):761-69.
13. Zhou J, Zhang Y. Cancer stem cells: models, mechanisms and implications for improved treatment. Cell Cycle. 2008, 7(10):1360-70.
14. Zhou J, Wulfkuhle J, Zhang H, Gu P, Yang Y, Margolick JB, Liotta LA, Petricoin III E, and ZhangY. Activation of the PTEN/mTOR/STAT3 pathway in breast cancer stem-like cells is required for viability and maintenance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007, 41(104):16158-63. (Featured in Faculty of 1000 Biology)
15. Zhou J, Wang Z, Sun SQ, Zhang HJ. A rapid method for detecting conformational changes of differentiation and apoptosis HL60 cells by Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy. Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry. 2001, 33:127-32.